BREAKING NEWS

Like this page? Share it with your friends!

Monday, May 1, 2017

Homeless Man Returned $676 Money Order That Stranger Lost

One California mom assumed someone would jump at the chance to cash in a money order for hundreds of dollars that she lost.
Photo by Yesenia Del Valle
That’s exactly why she was stunned when a total stranger went out of his way to return it to her. “It flew away somehow,” said Yesenia Del Valle, who had taken out a $676 money order to make her tax payment. “I tore my car apart looking everywhere. I thought maybe I left it in the tax office, checking for it there. I was frantic.”
Photo by Yesenia Del Valle
Del Valle never thought she’d see the money order again, but later that night a complete stranger knocked on her door with the piece of paper in his hands.

“When he knocked on my door, I never would have imagined it was about the check. I was shocked and wanted to know where he found it,” Del Valle said. Sergio Juarez had found it underneath his tire earlier that day and was able to track her down based on the address she had written on the back.

“I got him $40 and I said, ‘Here take your wife to Denny’s,'” Del Valle said. However, Juarez mentioned he’d be using the money for gas. “When he said that to me, I realized he must be struggling and I asked him and he said he lives in the Motel 6.”

“I couldn’t sleep all night thinking about what to do,” she said. “I couldn’t believe that a person in that situation would care to do something so nice when he doesn’t even have money for gas.” Juarez lost his job and was living in a motel with his wife, their three children, and another child they took in, so Del Valle started a GoFundMe to thank him for his good deed.
Photo by Yesenia Del Valle
So far, the campaign has raised almost $18,000 and Juarez has received multiple job offers from people who were so impressed by his honesty and morals. “I reached out and told him what I had done,” Del Valle said. “His wife was in tears. Their kids are smiling for the first time in months. I told him you don’t need to thank me. I said this is my thank you for you doing the right thing.”

Watch the entire video below to see how much everyone’s generosity mean to Jaurez and his family.

SOURCE: Lifedaily

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2017 Online Weird Stories: Weird Stories Worldwide. Designed by OddThemes