BREAKING NEWS

Like this page? Share it with your friends!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Touching! Read How Nigerian Footballer Became a Star from Moulding Blocks

He reveals how he used to mould blocks before becoming a professional footballer – Ichull is one of the best midfielders in the Nigeria Professional Football League. Born on February 1993 in Makurdi, Benue state capital, Lordson Ichull had chosen the career path to become a footballer but the separation of his parent at an early age was closed to killing his dreams.
Life was hard growing up for Ichull as the last born of his parents, but the dream to become a footballer kept him going.

And despite having a football background, Ichull had to work his way to the top.

“I’m from a broken home so that should tell you how my upbringing was. I was raised by a single parent (mother). I’m also from a soccer family.

“My dad played football and was one of the most trained coaches in Benue state and a Sport director in Benue state sport council. My father was among the players that represented BBL Hawks now known as Lobi Stars in those days,” Ichull told NAIJ.com.

He added: “Football has been my passion since I was a kid, I later noticed it could be my actual profession, I knew it was strictly business and not child’s play. My mum supported me but my dad never did.”

Despite coming from a broken home, Ichull was on a mission to make good use of any opportunity that comes his way.

He started playing the round leather game as early as his primary school days and like most successful players, he was wise enough to take his game to the streets.

However, as I hard as he tried, it looked like no one was watching this young talented defensive midfielder play. But that didn’t stop a determined Ichull.
Ichull was all about the football. The street loved him, the pitch always felt his presence, the crowd chanted his name, and he gave his all while on the field of play even in empty stomach. But sadly, one thing was still missing, his breakthrough.

But as the struggle continued, Ichull needed to do something at least to put food in his mouth. This triggered his decision to join his elder brother at a construction site to mould blocks.

While on break from school, Ichull dedicated most times in improving his football skills but also trying to sustain himself doing a menial job.

He told NAIJ.com: “Whenever I was on break from school, I always join my elder brother to mould blocks. As little as the money was, it was very helpful.”

READ ALSO: “I started playing in primary school then in the street, moved over to playing in my secondary school before I got into a football academy.Wenger admits Alexis Sanchez contract extension demands are costly

And after several years of hope, Ichull breakthrough came while playing in secondary school.

“I started football at Kwara Football Academy (KFA) under the tutelage of former Super Eagles coach Clemens Westerhof then entered into professional football with ABS FC before moving over to Warri Wolves. I’m now at Nasarawa United,” Ichull told NAIJ.com

He added: “Anytime I look back at my football career, I always give thanks to God for the opportunity I had to be at KFA and learn how to play football under Westerhof, who taught me a lot. My football skills, which were very raw then, were refined by him and today I am the better for it.”

Today, Ichull can boast of brief stints with the national teams – first the U-23 in 2014 and the Super Eagles in 2015 under Coach Sunday Oliseh.

“My football has been one the best gift after my family, helped me in so many ways that I can’t mention all.

He is living his dreams and happily married to his wife. They have a baby boy together.

“Football has been the blessing of my life. I would allow my kids to play football if they want to,” Ichull told NAIJ.com

SOURCE: Trueviralnews.com

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2017 Online Weird Stories: Weird Stories Worldwide. Designed by OddThemes